Even before I launched Emily Jayne, “Small Business Saturday” was one of my fave events of the year. Love knowing that my money matters. So here’s a little love for some entrepreneurs I know whose business model is infused with a healthy dose of love. Cop stuff, like a page, or bookmark our sites for your holiday shopping.
1) Looking for more ways to support black indie film? Join Ava DuVernay and become an AFFRM REBEL today by pledging digital support to the African-American Film Festival Releasing Movement at http://www.affrmaction.com. No better gift for the film buff/aspiring filmmaker in your life. Copped 2 round midnight for me and the WonderTeen.
2) When publishers were giving her the run around, Dr. Yaba Blay decided to launch Black PRINT, her new publishing company. You can cop her book (1)ne Drop: Shifting the Lens on Race) at Amazon.
3) Pick up some new titles by some truly gifted writers: Rebecca Walker, Baye McNeil, Kiese Laymon, Kemba Mchawi and Mark Anthony Neal.
4) Designer Mimi Plange’s clothes are utterly divine. If you don’t believe me ask Michelle Obama.
5) Cop some of my favorite artisan candles at CC BlaQ & Co.and Chayil Candles, hand-poured by Nina Burke Hoy.
And you know I got you on the Body Luxe. Artisan Body Butter, Fragrance and Hair Care by me at http://www.byemilyjayne.com. There’s FREE SHIPPING today on orders for $25 or more.